#comments { display: none!important; }

Wednesday 8 April 2015

A YEAR WITH BRACES


In March 2014, I got my braces put on. Being in Year 10 at the time, I was pretty insecure because most of my friends were finishing up with braces, and I didn't even mention it on here because I disliked them so much.
However, 12 months in and I'm feeling pretty okay about them! My teeth have changed so much and I moved on to the second of my two stages, which is neatening now the overbite is fixed, on Wednesday. Hopefully this means I'll have them off before Year 11 is finished, yay!

My biggest advice to people with braces is to do exactly what your orthodontist tells you. I know its really hard to give up chewy caramel and to drink less coffee, but the more you do the less time they're on. I've shaved an estimate three months off my treatment because I haven't broken a wire or a bracket yet (touch wood), and that's a big incentive.

Also, people really don't notice you have braces. I have the clear kind so that helps, but one of my guy friends only noticed my braces two months after I got them on. People won't judge you on having braces, and it's totally cool to smile with your teeth as well. Don't hide them, they're a part of your personal growth, so wear them with pride.

What is/was your braces experience like? x