#comments { display: none!important; }

Wednesday 15 April 2015

A TONER I CAN GET ON BOARD WITH


So, toners. I've never known what they were for and they seem like a grey area in people's skincare routine. After a bit of research, I've found there is a large difference between the p(r)etty, floral face mist and a real toner.

Basically, a good toner should be the final step in a thorough cleanse which will get rid of grime and prep for any other skincare you apply after that. This means your skincare routine should consist of cleanse, tone, treatment (serum, eye cream, acne treatment, etc.), moisturiser. The facial mists I mentioned earlier, such as a rose or thermal water refresh your skin but don't do too much to keep your skin healthy. What you should look for in a toner is that it is brightening, balancing or hydrating,  and find a toner that fits your needs. With all the know-how out of the way, with lots of thanks to That Grace Girl, lets get on to my toner of choice.

I picked up The Grown Alchemist Balancing Facial Toner a little while ago, and so far I'm really liking it. I was looking at buying the Aesop B&Tea Toner, but the GA one was cheaper, seems to have similar benefits, and had more product. The scent is really relaxing and the product isn't artificially coloured like some of the blue-tinted offerings at skincare counters. I sweep a few drops from the centre of my face outward and my skin reacts instantly.

The results so far is an improvement of the texture and feel of my skin. As it says on the bottle, it noticeably tones, soothes and repairs the skin and it's appearance. It feels lovely and tingly when applied, and I swear that other products apply better after I use the toner. So, at least for now, it ticks all the boxes for me. I was thinking of doing a skincare routine, when I finally decide on the best products for my daily set up, so I'll check back in then.

Do you use a toner? If so which one?