#comments { display: none!important; }

Friday 13 February 2015

THE READING LIST #1


Throughout 2014 I only read about ten books, which to me is quite sad as I love reading. So, to fix this I made a resolution to read at least twenty five books this year which I'm hoping I can achieve. These are some of the books I've read so far and some books I'm waiting to read, with mini reviews to boot.

Books I've Read:

The Perks Of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chbosky - 4.5/5
This is the best book I've read in a long time. The writing style is amazing, and I love the way it doesn't fabricate what being a teenager is like. The story sticks with you long after you've closed the book and it's not one I'll forget soon.

Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham - 2.75/5
Autobiographies always captivate me, there's something about hearing someone's life story that just takes the cake. However I felt this was a bit too all over the place, which bothered me a bit.  I also felt there are parts that are very confronting, but each to their own.

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray - 3.5/5
Sci-fi books have never really been my thing, so I was really surprised when this turned out to be a love story. Well it's still a story about space and dimension travel, which is cool, but I was glad there was a bit of romance.

Books To Read:

Tape by Steven Camden
I'm reading this now, and the set up of the book is really interesting. It flips between the two characters but I'm still waiting for the plot to speed up a bit.

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
This looks really good and I can't wait to start this book. The plot sounds amazing, and it should be a good read.

The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
The author of this book is a Yale student who was hit by a car days after graduating. This book is a collection of her essays and stories, and I think this may be the best book of all of the ones in this post.

Books I Want To Read
Emma by Jane Austen
Norwegian by Haruki Murakami
Nobody is Ever Missing by Catherine Lacey
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
More Than This by Patrick Ness
The Program by Suzanne Young
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson 
The Tourists by Julianne Pachico

So there's my current reading list, comment what book you're reading or want to read and I'll see you soon.


xx