#comments { display: none!important; }

Friday 27 February 2015

HOW TO FIX BACKLASH



I think we all know the struggle. Every so often our perfectly blended eye shadow is ruined by the mascara wand and we have to start all over again. Well, actually we don't! (also, this wasn't a reconstruction photo, I got distracted and the mascara exploded on me, *cringes*)
I call this backlash, the pun was too good to pass up:

You've got mascara on your eyelid. Dang.

1. Let it Dry. If the mascara is still wet and you start removing it, it will smudge and make it worse.

2. Brush Over it with your Eye Shadow Brush. Sometimes mascara will just flake off, and all you
have to do is dust a little bit of shadow over it and you can keep going!

3. If it's Stubborn: Take a cotton swab dipped in eye makeup remover and start taking off the mascara. It should come away pretty easily.

4. Re-Apply. The makeup remover will take away a bit of the shadow underneath, don't worry! Take the shade that was there before, I had on Sin by Urban Decay, and add a little bit more to finish up.

5. Done!

You can use any products you like, of course, but in-case you were curious, I used:

Eye Shadow: Sin from the Urban Decay Naked Palette
Mascara: Bare Minerals Lash Domination (This is really good, I've gotta get better at putting it on!)
Remover: Garnier Micellar Water
Cotton Swabs: I don't know, any brand will work


So that's all for today! Phew, six posts in a month, challenging to think of content, but I'm loving it so far. Let me know if you get backlash too, and how you fix it. Or share a quick fix of your own,
xx