#comments { display: none!important; }

Thursday 24 September 2015

A Foundation I'm Loving


There's a new foundation in my life, and I'm loving it. I've given L'Oreal True Match the toss, due to it being to watery, pink based, and tested on animals. In its place is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation (what a mouthful of a name).
We're just gonna call it the Tarte Foundation. The number one thing I love about this is the shade match. I have the colour 'fair-light honey', and it's perfect. I think because it has a peachy undertone instead of running too pink (L'Oreal) or too yellow (Nars - but that was my fault). I don't have to worry about foundation lines anymore and that's a big plus.

In terms of consistency it does have a thicker feel than most foundations, almost cream rather than liquid, but it blends really seamlessly. I've been using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and I found that worked very well. The foundation has a satin finish and doesn't let you get too oily, however I still dust up with a setting powder in my T-Zone.

There's 50mL in the packaging, which means you get almost double the product you would with the standard foundation bottle. I've heard some people don't like the packaging, but the squeezy tube works for me 'cause I know I can get all of the product out.

Over all I really like this foundation and I think it could become a staple in my collection. I'll be putting up a makeup post in the next week or so and you can see what it looks like on my face!

Em x